I've worked with Reiki since early 1986 and with Light Weaving since 2002. I find there are both similarities and differences in the two healing modalities. This is a very brief and simplified overview.
- Both offer healing of body, mind and spirit.
- With both, healing occurs which is for the highest good of the recipient, the source energy is intelligent.
- The source is the same for both, not the "healer" but rather source energy, whatever term fits for you.
- Miraculous healings can happen with both modalities.
- Both create feelings of deep relaxation and peace.
- Both are "equal opportunity" energies, meaning anyone can easily learn to use them.
- Neither requires anything more than instruction, intention and the hands.
- In both modalities healing sometimes occurs instantaneously and sometimes unfolds over days and weeks.
- Both happen within the 3-way interaction of source energy, the facilitator and the receiver.
- Absent or distant healing is possible with both Reiki and Light Weaving as in both instances a connection is possible in the quantum field, bypassing time and space.
- Both modalities are powerful forms of energy healing and may be easily used in medical care facilities.
- Reiki is 'hands on' Light Weaving is 'hands off'
- Reiki is often described as feeling warm, gentle, comforting, like unconditional love. Energy is drawn through the practitioner in response to the need of the a particular portion of the body. This is frequently noticed by both facilitator and receiver.
- Light Weaving is often described as magnetic, pulling, pushing, expansive, warm or cool. There are sometimes distinct feelings of energy working in a particular part of the body.
- With Reiki there is a basic pattern of hand positions offering energy to all organs, endocrine systems and energy centers. At the same time the energy is also intelligent and also goes where it is most needed.
- Light Weaving practitioners work in the recipient's energy field as they sense intuitively, interacting with and not directing the frequencies.
- With Light Weaving there is a sense of engaging with an energy already present in the field. The facilitator and the receiver join in the equation with the energy.
- In Reiki, the energy clearly moves through the crown, through the body of the practitioner, through their hands into the body of the receiver. There is always a realization of receiving as you give.
- Reiki is a frequency that has been accessed since the time of Christ and the Buddha before him.
- My sense is that Light Weaving is new to our planet and to our times.